Springfield, IL 365

365 things to do in and around Springfield, IL. That's 1 thing a day for a year. And you thought you were bored!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thanks for the support

I have had an overwhelming response to the article in the State Journal-Register by Dave Bakke
(http://www.sj-r.com/bakke/x148963579/Dave-Bakke-365-things-to-do-in-Springfield)

Since the article I have had dozens of emails with great ideas and things I didn't even know existed in Springfield and surrounding areas.

For the past few days I have been organizing everything everyone has sent to me and I want to put it all in this blog. My hope is that we reach past 365.

Soon I will be issuing challenges, so get your cameras ready! There will be one every season (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring), one at the "end" and a few little ones in between. Prizes will be determined by how many people participate!

Thanks again for the support and send in your ideas no matter how big or small!

2 comments:

  1. So glad for you...have lots of fun!! Just wanted to suggest for the next two weekends in June at Town and Country shopping center on MacArthur will be a local artist's fair...wen last week and was very impressed with the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for something to do in the Fall, though I know that is along way off, I would suggest the Haunted Hayride out at Riverside in Sherman. I also suggest the Jaycees Haunted House.

    There is also the Sweet Corn Festival in Chatham and Little Flower School's Heritage Days. (The Heritage Days has already passed, but it is a good thing to know about for future reference.)

    ReplyDelete